Smart Energy Education Advisory Council Sign-Up
Welcome to the Smart Energy Education Advisory Council!
We are excited you have decided to join BGE’s Smart Energy Education Advisory Council. The purpose of the Council is to offer you and other members of the educational community the opportunity to provide input to help enhance these programs and initiatives. With your help, the Smart Energy Education Advisory Council will play a major role in evolving BGE’s program content.
BGE has a longstanding history creating and supporting education initiatives in Maryland, including STEM learning, workforce development and safety. BGE’s Smart Energy Education Advisory Council’s purpose is to offer key stakeholders the opportunity to ensure BGE’s programs and initiatives are connecting with the community. The viewpoints represented by Council members comes directly from the parents, children and communities they serve—and it helps BGE continue to evolve its program content.
- Build a strong liaison between BGE and education representatives for the development of safety programs and new initiatives for school children
- Engage with key stakeholders to participate in local meetings to review information about new initiatives, goals and plans, new policies and curriculum, and opportunities for advocacy
- Gain insights and perspectives from teachers, administrators, education influencers and parent teacher organization leads that will help BGE continually improve its two annual safety contests for elementary school groups and other school-focused initiatives
- Solicit recommendations for best approaches in keeping educators informed and students engaged
- Provide a networking opportunity to interact with BGE’s leaders and other members of the Maryland education community
- Being a liaison to represent your area of expertise as it relates to education
- Being informed about education issues and policy changes
- Participating in ongoing advocacy efforts
For questions about BGE’s Smart Energy Education Advisory Council, email: Keisha.Clarke-English@bge.com